Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thirteen O'Clock Flight To Psychedelphia

Marlins 8, Mets 1
Phillies 6, Nationals 1

Other than cleaning out their Shea Stadium lockers, the only trip the Mets are taking tomorrow is the one in the classic old garage-psyche song by Plato & the Philosophers.

I can be somewhat philosophical about it because the Phillies have been my #2 team since I was a kid listening to their games on the radio down the shore in the Richie Ashburn era, & I was rooting for them make the wild card. So Philadelphia, I raise my tunafish hoagie to you. Now I gotta study your roster & figure out how you won all those games in addition to the ones when you kicked the crap outta the Mets.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?