Friday, September 21, 2007

Shut up I'm talking

It's worth giving some talk show guests a little extra time. Speedtalking actor James Woods steamrolled Craig Ferguson last night. Showed a great car bomb clip from Shark; told three incredible O.J. Simpson stories - including getting hit on by a very married Nicole Simpson while O.J. was out of town*: demonstrated his iPhone camera without a hitch; & owned up to his preference for younger women (although that now means under 45).

*also being seated next to Nicole at a dinner party before he knew who she was & listening to her complain about her marriage to an unnamed person; & unexpectedly attending the O.J. trial, O.J. turning, smiling at him, & reaching out in view of the courtroom camera to shake his hand like an old friend, which Woods was not.
***
Coincidental with the approaching Yom Kippur, but apropos, I went to the dentist today to begin the process of atonement for decades of indifference & outright neglect. I knew this day was coming from a visit a year ago, I decided then I might as well hang on a little longer since it was already too late. I have other middle age problems (no recurrence of the joint & lower back problems that afficted me at a younger age, thank heavens), but I can't deal with those unless I give myself a chance to eat properly again, & regain some minimal self-assurance about my appearance. This is going to take up most of the fall season, but while I wait for the insurance approval I can get a new prescription for eyeglasses.

Labels: ,


Comments:
James Woods told the story of how Nicole Simnpson hit on him? Interesting. Woods always intrigued me. He makes no bones about loving...himself. LOL
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?