Friday, September 14, 2007

DJ Geezer

I had to make a special trip to Jersey City tonight to fill out a form, nearly 3 hours there & back for a task that took all of 5 minutes & involved writing down the same information I put on the previous form in May. I have to do it or I could lose my fill-in status & station privileges at WFMU. I'm 7th or 8th in seniority among about 100 staffers at the station but down near the bottom in responsibilities & ambitions & that's the way I want it right now. For the part asking what my "regular duties" are, I turned to DJ Bryce & said, "Aside from answering phones & stuffing some envelopes during the marathon, standing at the dollar table during the Record Fair, being kind to new DJs who have no idea why a strange geezer is hanging out in the record library, & doing a few fill ins during the year on less than 24 hours notice, isn't it enough that I'm Rix?"

"I love you," Bryce said.

"I realy do listen to Beethoven at home," I said.

"I hope so."

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?