Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This week I am an artist

The art class I attend once or twice a week opened its annual exhibit today. I helped hang it yesterday. The big gallery at Kean University is under renovation, so they moved us over to the Gatehouse this year, a small lounge/conference building, originally part of the Kean family estate. It's pleasant but cramped compared to the space in the art building. I have three very modest pencil drawings & get to show a photo by special dispensation from the teacher for having worked with him at Pearl Arts store & knowing how to use a tape measure. The Mayor of Elizabeth stopped by with his young daughter; he lives about 5 minutes away, a friendly man & a lot tougher than he looks. I don't think I even belong in the show given my loose connection to the organization & sporadic attendence in class, but really enjoy putting in a few hours to make it a great event for the artists, all spotlighted & applauded.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?