Saturday, June 02, 2007

Pretty soon I have to switch over to the newer model Blogger template. With trepidation. The overall design remains the same, but the sidebar is different & some functions improved. Currently, if you look for all posts under a given label, the page shows only the last 20. The newer template brings up all the labeled posts & lists the labels in the sidebar. I'll have to redo sidebar links & graphics. It's either change or have another blog or website just for the old poems. I like the informality of posting the poems here whether they're polished or ragged, have too many other websites & pages. But I worry about the archives.
***
Have to experiment more. Playing with one of my inactive blogs, I switched to an updated template, customized it, reverted to the old template, & then recovered the new one. Now I have to figure out how to carry over sidebar graphics. But at the moment, I can't even recall how I got the title of this blog to display in comic sans type. oy.

Comments:
You already know the problems I have had changing over. I, too, wanted to mess with the format, but if I do, blogger tells me it will "save" my old format, but that I can't use it. So, I'm not changing!

Good luck, though.
 
I didn't think anyone could have their old Blogger settings still intact anymore. From the way I understood it, Blogger was eventually going to force everyone to switch over. If you can't beat em, you have to join em...or join Typepad or Movable Type, of course.
 
I switched over to the new blogger a few months ago without any serious problems, but opted not to "upgrade" the template because I've made so many small modifications to current one.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?