Thursday, May 10, 2007

A dull paragraph

I sewed a button on shirt that I've had, & never worn, since the late-90s. It's an ordinary long sleeve button down collar print pattern shirt of the style that's never out of style, predominently maroon, like new, bought in a nice Chester NJ rummage shop that no longer exists while I visiting my sister. I thought it would look nice with a sports coat & maybe a loosely knotted tie, which I had more occasion to wear back then. It had been washed & pressed by the ladies running the shop for some charity. When I bought it, a button was safety pinned to the shirt in the exact place it had popped off. After so many years, it still had the rummage shop smell, & the button was still there. I've sewn a lot of buttons on shirts since then, but never got around to this shirt. Do that one next time, I always told myself. The other day, a button fell off one of my favorite flannels, & I couldn't find a sewing needle, so I got a little kit at the dollar store, put the Mets game from San Fran on the radio & fixed the flannel. Then I dug out the print shirt & unpinned the button & sewed it on.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?