Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Robin Music

Robin music. If you live anywhere around trees & lawns in New Jersey, in March & early April somewhere in the vicinity hours before sunrise you hear a robin run through the "Song" a few times & then quiet down until first light. On standard time this could be as early as 2 am.

I take Ambien, usually in a low 5 mg dose, the effect may be more psychological at this point. Now the FDA is requiring new warnings on the class known as "sedative-hypnotics" about the "possibility of sleep-driving & other less dangerous complex sleep-related behaviors — making phone calls, fixing and eating food, and having sex while still asleep." I'd usually wake up after a few hours on the full 10 mg dose. But it also affected my eyesight in a strange hallucinatory way, although my thinking processes were alright. I enjoyed playing solitaire as the Ambien kicked in & the cards became fuzzy & changed color. Any ice cream or strawberry banana yogurt I ate under the influence of Ambien was while I was in a semi-conscious trance state, I was aware of what I doing but was unable to stop myself, so it was hardly different from an ordinary late night craving. I've always enjoyed half-asleep sex, it's oozy & erotic & unusual things can happen in an unrepressed condition. Sleeping through sex & not remembering anything is a waste. It'd also be a downer if the other participant prefers when you're asleep.

A quote to amuse & annoy The Contrarian on the eve of the NCAA Tournament:
"It is exciting to think that our diocese will include what will someday become the Notre Dame of the South."
-His Excellency Most Rev. John J. Nevins, D.D., Bishop of the Diocese of Venice FL, on Ave Maria University (founded 2003 by crappy pizza billionaire Tom Monaghan)

Labels: ,


Comments:
1. I love the robin song web site. Did you know that robins don't migrate south for the winter as is commonly believe but instead winter in forests amid dense stands of trees. My urban backyard has been home to a pair of very vocal cardinals for a few years, and they seem to really love my new Notre Dame bird feeder.

2. Speaking of Cardinals, Tom Monaghan can kiss my dissenting Catholic ass.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?