Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I opened a g mail account with the handle I've long preferred, Whalecreek, named for a stream flowing into Raritan Bay by Cliffwood Beach. I don't know what whales have to do with the place. Won't use it much. I have a very comfy My Yahoo page with headlines, scores, horoscope, weather for ten locations, mail, links to TV schedule & animated radar. I change this & dabble with that, but it's obvious I need a new PC. Not an expensive one. I don't run a lot of fat software like games & serious graphics & media programs. But I have to kick up to a better level on my blog & websites. I have a scanner I can't hook to this PC. & the hard drive isn't large enough for much audio stuff. Don't even have a CD burner. Everything needs updating. I'm creatively inhibited. It's a matter of buying the Sunday paper for the ads & getting to Staples or some other big box store on a Monday before their special package with all the rebates sells out. Stupidly, I passed up on a Compaq last August when I was in Staples with someone who had her SUV parked outside & could have delivered me & the items to my door.

(19) Rutgers 55, (2) Connecticut 47
Wow. Their first Big East title. After The Scarlet Knights were blown out by UConn at home last week, I didn't figure the women to win this one in Hartford, just hoped they made a strong show going into the NCAA. But Rutgers has been a defensive power all season, their pre-Big East schedule was definitely not creampuff, & they became an explosive 2nd half team. The problem was slow starts. They were ahead at the half tonight, & Rutgers wouldn't fold. Rutgers is actually a more balanced team than last year when they ranked higher in the polls but leaned heavily on their All American senior. I think most fans had modest expectations this year. This team has really surpassed them. If they get a good seed & bracket in the big tournament, they'll make it interesting.

Comments:
I don't know if you have a Best Buy in your area, but they have the deals on desktops. We outfitted our office with three new babies, for $379 each. They came with Intel® Celeron® D processor 356, 512MB DDR2 SDRAM; Windows Vista Home Basic, double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with LightScribe labeling, 120GB hard drive and ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100 graphics, 17" flat-screen CRT monitor (16" viewable) with antiglare treatment, tilt-and-swivel stand and external USB-powered speakers, and Photosmart printer with HP printer. That's a hell of a deal for under $400.
 
Now that I think of it, you can order from Best Buy online at bestbuy DOT com.
 
Wow, congrats to the Scarlet Knights Lady hoopsters with that inspiring win. I watched the blowout Husky win last week and was reminded why Gino Auriemma is one of the biggest assholes in college sports (matched by the men's coach, Jim Calhoun). Stringer has a young team this season, and the fans I spoke with admitted that they thought that it would be a rebuilding year.

Bob, if you need a new PC, I have a nice used Mac desktop and monitor that I will be departing with this summer. If you can wait, it's yours if you want it. I can set it up for you really nice. No viruses and bizarre driver problems like the Windows world.
 
...not to mention the PC I offered you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?