Thursday, February 22, 2007

The heat woke me up at 4 am. I was hot. Two radiators were cranked up & even the one in this big room that I keep half turned off was warm. I like cool rooms for sleeping. I closed the bathroom door to get rid of one source, turned on the a/c fan, & went back to sleep on top of my dingy comforter. This morning the travel clock alarm woke me - the clock radio & answering machine were blinking that the power had been off. It was still too warm. Now the window is wide open. My former art teacher called as I was resetting the answering machine. I was pleased to hear from him but too surprised & groggy to make much conversation. There was a long e mail from a friend. Maybe this winter isolation is ending. There's an apartment inspection tomorrow, I don't bother cleaning for it, just get rid of some of the extension cords. I got other stuff to do. Wish a few people were around here to help me do it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?