Monday, February 05, 2007

Dreaming of Allen Ginsburg on William Burroughs' Birthday

A vaguely familiar location,
East Village, Hoboken, Soho.
He was on the other side of the street.
I thought, I must speak to him.
I knew he was dead.
"Allen, Allen Ginsburg," I called out,
as I walked toward him.
"How is heaven, or wherever you are?"
He was holding something, a gold medallion
or a religious medal, he looked young.
He didn't notice me.
He wandered down the street,
across an intersection.
I called louder, trying to get his attention.
"Allen Ginsberg, Oh Soul, Allen, wait."
He kept walking, in his own thoughts,
like he had someplace he needed to go.
He turned the corner out of sight.
"Allen, Allen, Allen." I shouted,
then stopped, feeling embarrassed,
there were other people on the street,
what would they think? This man
yelling at a ghost, or at empty space -
someone only I could see
named Allen. Maybe they couldn't see me.
I realized I didn't know where I was
& what I was doing there.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Where the Howl did everybody go.Give some Naked lunch.

By the way Bob, Mayor Kenndy is trying to sell the City Hall Building in Rahway.Check out any information you can get on the City Council Meeting this Wednesday 2/7/07.

Love the blog keep up the good work
 
People might have felt differently about the new Rahway Library if they knew it was also the new city hall. At the time, hizzoner didn't know it, either. But then, he also thought the library would have a staff barista.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?