Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dream

I'm glad I hit the alarm & went back to sleep for 1/2 an hour this morning, because I had a marvelous dream; compact, spare, mysterious, symbolic, nonthreatening, & featuring a dead relative. I don't know if my grandmother Nana had just attended a Buddhist funeral or wedding in the chapel of the defunct Upsala College - maybe it was dream world ecumenical - but she was dressed for the occasion in what looked like the same outfit she wears in an Easter snapshot from the 1950s. I was very glad to see her, & not surprised, she wasn't surprised to see me. I think we were going to Atlantic City together, although as the dream ended I was just starting to mull over how we would get there from East Orange NJ, but that didn't feel like it would be much of a problem. I dreamed about Nana years ago in which her more troubling purgatorial predicament moved me to light a candle for her whenever I was in a Catholic church.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?