Thursday, December 28, 2006

WFMU is posting staff 2006 lists, several per day. Most of these lists are top ten or top twenty, others are just lists. My favorite so far is "Mark Allen's Renewable, Cross-Referenced, Self-Mutating Top Ten List of the Most Popular Top Ten Lists..." Rich "Inflatable Squirrel Carcass" Hazelton again lists life with his wife, Tamar, as his #1, which makes sense to me since I also adore her. A few lists might seem to scream "Check this out, I'm so cool." But I leave it you to decide who they are. I don't put much effort into my list. A "best of" for me would consist of individual musical selections rather than whole albums or books. But it requires going through my own playlists plus the playlists of the WFMU DJs I listen to on a more-or-less regular basis & some that I don't. So I stick with 7 albums & 3 books. It always includes some stuff I've had for more than a year because I get things in anticipation of wanting to hear or read them in the future, or feel I'm missing something & put them aside for awhile. The photo collection, "Surfing San Onofre to Point Duma, 1936-1942" was the latter, & I'll be posting an example of what I learned from it.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?