Thursday, December 14, 2006

I've been guest-blogging for Jill over at Brilliant at Breakfast this week & not crossposting that stuff here. Tata from Poor Impulse Control is also contributing entries just for BAB. I don't do much political commentary because people like Jill are dedicated to it, & she gets out a morning edition so reliably that I stop by every day while I'm sipping my Chock full o' Nuts New York Roast with a splash of half & half.

Lovely mild weather, but the Sun has little heat to it. By six or eight weeks after the Solstice, in February, one turns one's back to the Sun & feels the warmth again. The duration of this mild spell is more unusual than the temps, & that it's been pretty dry. But we expect the big blue bubble of Arctic high pressure on the weather map, it's coming eventually, & within 24 hours the bottom drops out. These temperate days are rarely compensated by icy ones at the end of winter. Just subtract them from the season, the longest night only a week away.

Comments:
I know these mild days have to be short lived but boy, do I love putting off the arctic temperatures!:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?