Sunday, December 24, 2006

Labels: , ,


Comments:
That's amazing. I have absolutely no memory of train service into Ocean City in the late 50s & early 60s, even from whistles, apparently because trains crossed to the south end of the island & ran north, but west of the streets I frequented, since I had no bike & so stayed close to the beach & boardwalk. The Somers Point trolley causeway was gone except for some pilings. I have a false memory of taking a trolley from Somers Point to Atlantic City, probably caused by riding a bus there with my grandmother beside me talking about the trolley. But that service seems to have ended the year I was born. Atlantic Ave. trolley service in Atlantic City ceased altogether the year before my grandmother moved there. My timing was terrible. I always enjoy seeing & hearing the light rail cars in Jersey City, it's like, "Wow, look, there's a real trolley!"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?