Monday, October 30, 2006

Google continues to apologize for the mess it's been making of Blogspot - if you google in search of the corporate blogs that contain these apologies, which are accompanied by official excuses & rationalizations. The outages & periods where one can't publish, or upload photos, or the comment function won't function are annoyances to me, because I approach The Rix Mix as a weekly blogzine created with daily installments; I edit any time of day or night. But bloggers like Jill at Brilliant At Breakfast try to get out a reliable morning edition & focus on daily news, so it's a real screwup when she gets the endless 0% publishing icon or the notorious error java 01 or the dreaded page not found. The suits at Google (if they wear suits) know the Wall Street suits are taking notice of how the internet octopus is bungling this particular investment, so maybe they're becoming anxious.

Comments:
It's disrupted the rhythm of my blogging. As many have indicated, it's probably directly related to their new beta system. It's annoying, and I sure hope it gets better instead of worse. I actually like the blogger format, and I'm loathe to learn a new system.
 
Blogger is easy, free, my name is in the url & search engines find it. I'd just like to have a a customized page top graphic, which will likely happen sometime after the new version is released.
 
I went through a similar period of disruption with Word Press. To some degree, it's the nature of the beast. Tweaks and bug fixes sometimes have unintended consequences and both are necessary if the app is to work properly (in the future!) and continue to attract new business.

It's hard to complain about a free service but it doesn't take long to get used to reliability.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?