Friday, August 11, 2006

The Exterminator showed up at 8:30 am for his monthly chemical squirt under the sinks, announced with heavy knocking on the door & a shouted "EXTERMINATOR" waking me from an unrestful sleep of, at that point, about 2 1/2 hours, which is around when the Ambien wears off & my natural senses do not want to be disturbed. The representative of the Landlord thinks this brief visit is a social occasion, I tell him to shut up, adding a smile so he might think I'm kidding. The exterminator informs me the weather is great, like a beautiful fall morning. This makes absolutely no difference to me. I am not waking up next to a woman in the Kismet Motel on Surf Ave. two blocks from Hereford Inlet in North Wildwood NJ. I don't hear Laughing Gulls & there won't be any coffee in a white foam cup from the Lurae restaurant across the street & there's no need no check the tide tables for the best time to walk on the beach, & we're not watching the sunset later from the deck of a Cape May Ferry boat. The weather doesn't matter. Spray & get the hell out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?