Monday, July 31, 2006

iron

Out for a stroll over to CVS, just a breath pushing the 85º air around. Many of the houses around here have porches & people were sitting out on a few of them even with a/c running inside. That's what porches are for. Seems less than quaint in this heat, & tomorrow & the day after will be like they say scorchers. Oddly, I bought a heating implement, an inexpensive iron. I don't need to iron very often but when you do you're really stuck if you don't have one, & I have at least two items right now that require it. CVS is an alright 15 minute browse, popular for longer than that with females for its cosmetic aisles & good lighting, as I used to notice in Rahway; the one there did a much better business in that stuff than nearby Walgreens or Brug Fair. I like the stationary aisle, all the pens, notebooks, calculators & school doodads I no longer need. But I think it's a bummer for kids & teachers to walk into stores mid-summer in 90+ temps & get smacked with the "Back to School" displays.

Labels: ,


Comments:
There are people whose AC has been on the fritz for days and there are other people (like my cousin and like my grandmother) who still does not have air.

I couldnt imagine.
 
Rixie, you are my go-to guy for the guyabera. I can just see you ironing the frontal strips of embroidered decorations to make a splash on the PATH train.
 
65% poly 35% cotton, I'm hoping they don't need ironing. Be nice if they shrunk a bit tho.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?