Thursday, July 20, 2006

lewdly & lasciviously living together

Lasciviousness: Lewdness; indecency; obscenity; behavior that tends to deprave the morals in regard to sexual relations.
RALEIGH, N.C. - A state judge has ruled that North Carolina's 201-year-old law barring unmarried couples from living together is unconstitutional.

The law states, in part: "If any man and woman, not being married to each other, shall lewdly and lasciviously associate, bed and cohabit together, they shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor."
So that's what I was doing all those years. Why wasn't it more fun?

There was only one woman who actually was eager to marry me, & she wasn't even desperate. I still don't understand why. I was 23, she was 21, it wasn't going to happen. All of them recognized that I was a poor prospect, perhaps as a temporary condition. But, not being a criminal, alcoholic or drug addict, I was forty years old before it was unmistakably evident. I also set the bar so low for the men who followed me that I think all the women who spent time with me could have found better husbands afterward. I made one small step seem like a giant leap.

***
verbum ipsum's guide to proper church attire.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Are we to conclude that you've never been married? Just asking.
 
Never been married. Don't expect to. Not against it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?