Monday, June 26, 2006

sunday / monday

Not my favorite late night for walking home from the train station. I get especially anxious when PATH is running all the trains on a single track & I'm on the lonesome Exchange Place platform & watching the clock & would really like to catch the 12:59 am not the 1:54 out of Newark. The trains had a peculiar mix of passengers; gays, lesbians, rappers, exhausted weekenders, drunks, & some large religious event crowded my car at Journal Square. But in Elizabeth, few people headed off in my direction, & something about the heavy, humid air made the night feel a bit ominous. The bars had closed early but the new cafe was cranking out loud Latin music, all the folding floor-to-ceiling windows wide open, I'd hate living on that block now. I skipped supper, all I felt like eating when I got home was vanilla ice cream. I cued up the wrong long record cut to start the radio show & immediately thought, oh it's that kind of night, which made me up opt for more long things - less chance for screwups. Even so, there were a few, & some of the artists & titles tangled my tongue.

Labels: ,


Comments:
With a guayabera shirt & a panana hat I'd be irresistable. Or I'd look like a $2 window bettor at Monmouth.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?