Monday, May 01, 2006

Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day

Sunday was Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day. I didn't know this until I dropped by Gina's home yesterday & my artist friend had a beautiful mysterious small wooden box on a tripod in her backyard; it resembled a camera except it didn't have an obvious aperture. Gina explained that it had a pinhole with a little sliding cover. All participants shoot a pinhole photograph at the same time (7 pm EDT). But generally it just looks like a big celebration of a marvelous photographic medium. Gina took a photo of her yard while i was there,& one of me (I had to sit very still). She hasn't processed & uploaded them to a WPPD gallery yet, but Gina has other pinhole photos (some in color!) at Bellando Gallery website.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?