Friday, March 24, 2006

Hillary

Someone asked me today if I would vote for Hillary Clinton for President. Without thinking, I replied, "I'd have to think about it." She asked why. Then I had to think about it. "If Hillary is nominated, it means the Democrats haven't learned from Kerry or been frightened enough by Bush. Hillary certainly hasn't figured it out. If she really cared, she'd be standing with Feingold & Murtha now instead deluding herself into believing she can be in the center & carry the same states her husband won in 1996. How can she even be sure where the center is?" Kerry won Wisconsin, & barely, on Feingold's coattails. I'm not even convinced Hillary can carry Jersey. Democrats need to be thinking about who can carry Bill Clinton's states. Because the two party system is over in the United States at the national level if the Repugs win the next one. The Constitution becomes a museum exhibit. The nation's in a crisis & where's Hillary Clinton? What the hell is she doing about it? Dems have to be able offset all the cheating, fraud, & swift-boating we know will happen in '08. God knows what Bush's people will do between now & then. Start looking at governors. They've gone 7 for 9 since 1976.

Comments:
She looked half asleep when he read the censure. I have no respect left for her after seeing that.

If you want Senator Feingold to run for President in 2008, please, come over to http://russfeingoldpetition.blogspot.com/ and sign the petition.
 
Would I vote for her if she ran? Yeah, probably. Not in the primary, but if she won it, yeah I would- with the same lack of enthusiasm I had when I voted for Kerry.

I even think she would probably be a decent president. I just think she's completely unelectable. People's opinions of her are so polarized and she's done little in her short time as a senator to bring folks around. Maybe, someday, if she sticks around in the senate and builds a great record there, she's got a shot- but not now. Please, not now.
 
"Without thinking I replied I'd have to think about it".

You do realize the silliness of this statement, don't you?:)
 
It's sounds sillier than it is, if you think about it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?