Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I like the possibilities in this quote from an AP article.
"I hear these parents saying, 'Well, my children aren't doing very well, so you must not be a very good teacher,'" said Mike Randall, 48, who teaches abstinence-based health courses in Montgomery County, Ind. "Wrong. Sorry. It's more like, 'If your child would follow the curriculum, open the book and apply himself, you would see how good this could all be.'"
How about: "He passed the standardized exams, but because of your stupid class he didn't have a condom when he flunked the chastity test."

Letter from a law firm in mail caused great anxiety, since I have had some problems with debt collection. But before I opened it I signed on to the public library website for the first time & easily renewed a book due today. Then I walked over to CVS, air was crisply & comfortably cold, my prescription was filled immediately & the co-pay was very modest; went on to the supermarket, got everything I wanted & it all fit perfectly into my backpack. These, I concluded, were good omens. So I read the letter & it was something I can settle & I have a month to do it.

The pharmacist said that a lot of elderly & Medicaid customers were being hurt under the new drug plans. "It's food or medications, & some of them very ill."

Overheard, two women stocking shelves at CVS.
Woman #1: What happened to that guy you're seeing.
Woman #2 (with Harley tattoo above her butt): Oh, Greg. You'd think he'd return phone calls from a girl he's boinked.
Me, to myself: That's the last thing I'd probably think about Greg.

Comments:
But if I changed the quote, there would be no irony to support a comment on "abstinence-based" sex education.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?