Monday, January 02, 2006

Two resolutions

As much as I'd like to announce this year as Two Thousand and SEX, I know better than to make fantastic resolutions. I have only two, which will be challenging enough:
My former therapist, Dr. Elena, would understand & approve of them.

Oh, I have "goals." I'll reach some of them by just honoring my two resolutions. Others will require some courage. Creative goals are so easy to think up that the real problem is choosing one & actually following through before moving on to the next. Making poems is more difficult.

I have to go out for some culture & entertainment, whether it's a movie or a museum. Explore & let myself be challenged more by the "new music bin" at WFMU, & volunteer for less desirable jobs there like envelope stuffing & basement record sorting. Accept any opportunity to learn how to use the available technology there; my lack of expertise inhibits what I can do.

2006 won't be an easy year for me, but it can be a good year.

Comments:
In keeping with this year's theme, maybe you have a few divorced aunts you can throw my way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?