Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Thanks a lot, Jon & Doug (but we're all bozos on this bus)

Another gubernatorial election day in New Jersey.
Whichever candidate wins will have done so by making impossible promises & misrepresenting the views of his opponent.
Whichever candidate loses will deserve his defeat.
They both told us what we wanted to hear:
1. "I will lower property taxes."
2. "My opponent is satanic."
In January, acting Governor Richard Codey, who should have been the Governor-elect tomorrow, will go back to his desk in the Jersey State Senate.

Later: I'm satisfied Corzine won because, well, look at the alternative. One can't read anything national into the victory; that doesn't figure into how Jerseyans vote for governor. But I'll suggest this. His majority support is very soft. If this campaign on both sides hadn't been so relentlessly negative down the stretch, Corzine would have won by about the same margin but also retained the good will of the electorate. He's lost his "honeymoon." If all he does is stack his administration with the usual suspects & juggle the books for the next four years, he'll be gone after one term.

My votes: No on both ballot questions. Corzine. Abstained on assembly. Joanne Rajoppi as county clerk. Pushed button for only one freeholder, a Democrat.

Comments:
Hi Bob - enjoy your blog - I've Blogrolled you and pop in daily.

Re your comment in an earlier entry about Prince Charles for President - take him. Please. As an Australian Republican (meaning I'm pro an Australian republic; my politics are way left of centre) I don't want him as my monarch. Or his kids, for that matter.

The last decent king was Richard III, and that's only because he tried to eradicate the rest of the royal family. 8-)

Take care.

Poss
www.possbert.blogspot.com
 
Whether or not Charles becomes king is a matter about which I'm totally indifferent, since I don't believe in royalty, except for Elvis "The King" Presley, Duke Ellington, Count Basie. But he would be a better president than George W. Bush. & Australia doesn't need a freakin' king either.
 
Back to the topic, I abstained today. Arnie is history, and his measures really didn't need my vote.

I am glad to see the dems prevail in VA and NJ, if, for no other reason, than to stick it to the other guy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?