Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Kiss of No Return

Two consecutive weeks of WFMU overnight programs were fun. Being
familiar with what was in the library new bin allowed me to mine it a
little more - I’m hardly a slave to new releases anyway. Although my
shows are many respects predictable, it’s nice to do one without an
“agenda” of music that’s been piling up a for a couple of months. Last
night’s had a jumping off theme I’ve used many times - a big moon. I
have many favorite moon songs. Unlike some jocks, I’d never pack as
many I could could fit into one program. I also title my programs -
even titled my old air check cassettes. The final cut, a quick pick to
fill about five minutes, provided one: The Kiss of No Return.
You know that kiss. It’s the first really long meaningful one that’s
hot alright but also transcends the pheremones. Sometimes it happens
when you’re saying farewell after sex & neither one of you feels a need
to assure the other you’ll be back, because you both know you will &
the kiss just said it. A kiss like that with moon shining down is really special.
You will return; the emotions have passed the point of no return: you’re
hooked. I spoze it could also be read as a goodbye forever kiss or a
one-sided kiss when the other pair of lips don't even pucker up
& whoops sorry I miscalculated & invaded your space. But let us
interpret The Kiss of No Return hopefully; it's what we hope for..

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?