Thursday, August 04, 2005

Wrung out & hung up

Another hot day here in Jersey, we're like the clothes gramma Nana squeezed through the wringers on the old washing machine she used to the end of her life; we might not drip when you hang us on the line in the basement, but it'll take us a long time to dry out. I have an appointment this afternoon that will last about ten minutes, not including the time to get there, wait around, & come back, which will consume over two uncomfortable useless hours. ( Later: Turned out not as bad; storms passing north kicked up some clouds & a breeze. I hardly broke a sweat. I said to the doctor, "This city has few virtues for me on a day like today." He seemed to think it was a sensible thing for me to say. )

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?