Saturday, July 30, 2005

The split in organized labor: I'm for it. Tough in short term, good overall. Cripes, the AFL-CIO just elected a 71 year old guy to a fourth term as The Boss. How many old visionary labor leaders you met lately?

Boy Scout Jamboree: Despite all the terrible events, thank Yahweh it's a homosexual-free zone on United States government property. As for me, I preferred Camp Winnebago, where a kid could escape the creepiest male adults wearing perfectly pressed uniforms just by following a creek uphill a few hundred yards.

Rove, Novak, Plame etc.: Please leave John Roberts for September & get back on topic.

Heat & Humidity: You think it's over? Tell it to the polar ice caps.

A Bible passage for the President from Romans, a favorite book of the American Mullahs: For we know that the law is spiritual; but I am of the flesh, sold into slavery under sin. I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.


The unknown,
the mysterious.
those of us who need to know
everything
find that
the more we know,
the more things we don't know
excite us.

Diane Wakoski Poetry - The Unpredictable

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?