Sunday, June 19, 2005

Took late afternoon train to Rahway (tempted to stay on it all the way to Long Branch); stopped at Dunkin' Donuts at the Shell station - Filipino woman there who used to work overnights when I lived nearby, so glad to see me she gave me a free donut; went to Rahway River Park, hung out with lethargic ducks, sketched a couple of craggy trees next to the pond. Really lost myself, so it was something of a shock to pedal back out on to busy St. Georges' Ave. & down to CVS to pick up a spindle of sale cd-r's. There were no geese in Rahway Park, less droppings, healthier grass - maybe the "natural habitat" bushes & short wire fences along the pond have really helped ease the problem. Good sign that a red-wing blackbird kept flying out of the bushes by the pond, they prefer thick vegetation & some isolation - the more rugged, inaccessible (unless you enjoy poison ivy) areas of Sandy Hook are loaded with them.

But I only feel really comfortable on a bike in Ocean Grove & beach towns south of there, where a lot of people actually ride bicycles on local errands & over to the ocean instead of taking their cars. The old-fashioned "Beach Cruiser" is still popular, & I'd ride one if I had a place at the shore.
***
Got that temporarily outta my system. & to think I wanted my niece to get married in her mom's RCA church. I was blinded by sentimentality. One thing my niece ain't is homophobic.

Comments:
What a day to take a walk in the park.

Ice cream, day dream, till the sky becomes a blanket of stars.

What a day for picking daisys, and lots of red balloons.

And what a day for holding hands and being with you.

Lazy day ...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?