Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Poet Jim Cohn recently said a poem of mine was "the best poem i have seen in many years, let alone the most beautiful poem on poetry written in the last 10 years." Jim's praise I take seriously. He is after all an excellent editor, author of four books of poems, two of prose essays, recorded five cds, & runs the ever-expanding Museum of American Poetics. I, on the other hand, have no books, no music (although I was a capable musician & composer), a few simple webpages.

I've had it proven to me over the past decade that I can hardly function in some ways without a woman in my life. I need the basic love, acceptance, friendship & intimacy; that's what I lean on. A bumpy, quasi-love affair of four months duration in 2003 produced this blog & an excellent template for a modest web magazine. My last substantial love relationship generated an on-going newspaper column, a job change, & enough enthusiasm about poetry to complete a major project & accept an invite to read at the Geraldine R. Dodge Festival, not to mention rejuvenating the weekly radio show iI had at the time. Itisn't about needing a mother or a muse. I'm just better with someone than without.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?