Thursday, May 12, 2005

Yogi Berra at WFMU

Yogi Berra turned 80 years old today. Doug "Give the Drummer Some" Schulkind recalled when the Yog came down to the old WFMU studios on Springdale Ave. in East Orange NJ to record a public service announcement & was talked into doing a couple of station I.D.s, too. I was also there:
That day rates as one of the single greatest shock /
double takes I ever experienced. I arrived at the
house totally unaware, came through the kitchen, down
the hallway, was about to turn left into the office &
somebody who looked exactly like Yogi Berra was
standing at the bottom of the steps. I must have had
the most incredulous expression on my face. So I took
a big chance that the iconic mug actually belonged to
Yogi Berra, although I had absolutely no clue as to
why it would be him, & said, "Hi Yogi." The Face
said, "Hi." I staggered into the office & I think it
was Manager Ken who then asked, "Did you meet Yogi?"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?