Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Chatted on phone with my older brother yesterday, first time in several years. He's been through hell since the late 90's, finally climbed out & into secure (24 hour door guard) seniors apartment building near Newark City Hall. When he mentioned the nearby Dunkin' Donuts & the "pretty airline employees" living in the building across the street, I knew it was o.k. for him. He'd resided for years in a section of Paterson, over by Great Falls, that was more dangerous & crime-ridden than it looked. The main drawback of where he is now is lack of a supermarket, or apparently any kind of smaller market with a decent selection & a good deli (ex. Demblings, for my Rahway area readers). He wants to visit me, but I'm more curious to visit him, bringing along some classical & jazz CDs of music he turned me on to in the early Sixties: Basie, Monk, Vaughan Williams. Well, back then he forbade me to play his records, but that never stopped me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?