Thursday, April 28, 2005

It's frustrating that Blogger blogposts cannot be sorted by category, which surely discourages readers who come here via search engines & limits the potential readership. I follow none of the "rules" for creating a "break out" blog & there's little I can do about that without starting a second blog devoted to a single area. My other websites are static; places I park my poetry & a few goofy conceptual pages, I'm not very concerned about how many visitors they get, & I only occasionally monitor the traffic on them. My archived WFMU programs with individual song links get a lot more visitors than the shows that don't have them, but I consider that convenience a "public service" of sorts; I prefer being appreciated as a setmeister. But I'd like for readers to dig into this blog for the topics that interest you.

Comments:
Well, I didn't expect to "break out" like I did today, either. I did, however, make a conscious choice to post my first piece over at MyDD, knowing that it would open the door to a larger audience. I had no clue it would be featured!

Anyway, you helped me get this all started, and I greatly appreciate that. Hopefully, my blog will continue to get "good read."

As for a Blog Directory, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that someone has already started that, perhaps Google. I'll look into it, and keep you posted.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?