Monday, April 18, 2005

Happy Birthday, blog

First blog post was on April 18, 2003.
That I've kept it up for two years can be attributed to two things. First, I enjoy writing in short bites & much of what I"ve posted here I would have written anyway. Second, I'm a textbook A.C.A. & so I become doggedly attached to routines, projects, & goals that don't help me much; I have misplaced many loyalties in my life & this blog may well be an example. But like another writing project I pointlessly kept going, a weekly column for Worrall Newspapers back in the Nineties, I know I'm stockpiling a lot of words I would adapt to another context if I could figure out what that context is. Just as my taste in music was ideally suited to free form radio for many years, so my prose writing may be best presented (to myself if no one else) in a chronological form that includes - even showcases - all the digressions, asides, & non-sequiturs of the process.

Comments:
I enjoy your Blog Happy Birthday to your Blog.
What are your plans for thr future are staying in Elizabeth?The bay is stating to warm up and I hope to see some horseshoe crabs soon.Take care.
 
I'm impressed you've done this that long.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?