Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Fish

I've met two woman born on March 17, about the same age, who aren't anything like each other - except perhaps that both prefer what is familiar, which seems to be the sort of Pisces woman I meet. The four Pisces women I've known well - well enough to observe how they live over a period of time - are all home-centered, & by that I don't mean pushing a vacuum around & keeping a showcase antiseptic kitchen. Rather, they wrap their homes around themselves like an old blanket & prefer others come to them. That kind of home attracts me. I never sought out Pisces women - we found each other. But for about 8 years I've deliberately kept a safe distance from The Fish. There are 11 other astrological signs & if none of them happen for me then I'm better off being alone. Maybe. I'm in contact with only one of the four, & she's been married to an Aries since before we met, a good & sensible life that has preserved her from intimate entanglements with Scorpios. The most stupid thing any woman I have ever known has ever done was a Pisces leaving me to be with another Scorpio. Whatever kind of life a Pisces has with one Scorpio, she will almost surely recreate with the next, even madness, & if she made a mistake she'll never be able to admit it to herself. It's just too difficult to crawl out of that old blanket again.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?