Monday, January 31, 2005

Feeling very pissed off today. Due to a legal error, my bank account was depleted three weeks ago, all but .17 (yes seventeen cents), & although all the paperwork was taken care a week ago by my lawyer & everything's supposed to be copasetic, that money has not yet been redeposited. Three weeks ago I had about $10 pocket cash & no one I could borrow a few bucks from to tide me over. I didn't think if would take three weeks. Over that period, three scheduled automatic bill payments failed, so those ALERT ALERT e mails are flying at me every day. Having no train fare, I turned down two WFMU fill-ins & then missed the deadline to take a simple broadcast engineering test all DJs there had to take & now have to attend a special refresher class in order to do programs. Fortunately I have (I assume) the usual direct monthly deposit going into my account tomorrow, which should alleviate matters. Unless the phone &/or internet service is shut off.

***
Letterman had an insider tribute to Johnny Carson: His monologue consisted entirely of jokes sent by Carson; then clips of Carson's cameos on the Late Show & old Late Night. Peter Lassally, former Tonight Show producer & currently with Letterman's Worldwide Pants Prod. , did three segments & offered a few choice insights & anecdotes. As a finale, Doc Severinson, Tommy Newsom & Ed Shaughnessy performed "Here's That Rainy Day" with a string choir. A nice counterbalance to Leno's show a week ago.
Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?