Saturday, January 08, 2005

Armstrong Williams,

Armstrong Williams, a syndicated newspaper columnist & talk show host who was paid $200,000 taxpayer money by the Bush administration to promote the No Child Left Behind Act, said, "It's a fine line. Even though I'm not a journalist - I'm a commentator - I feel I should be held to the media ethics standard."

Williams doesn't elaborate on the difference between a journalist & a commentator, or explain why he is the latter & not the former. At a time when honest "journalists" are being tossed in jail for refusing to reveal confidential sources - silly me, I thought they were protected by the First Amendment - I also wonder about this "media ethics standard."


This sent by poet/perfesser Sam Abrams:
FOUND POETRY’S WHERE YOU FIND IT

10 propositions
about the nature of war

supremacy
by stealth

modifying tanks
for the urban battle

what
is power

occupational
hazards

fighting
child soldiers

(from www.defence.gov….. Senior Officers
Professional Digest Selections from World
Military Journals Date August 2003)

Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?