Sunday, October 31, 2004

Big breezy day

Big breezy day, like a big breezy day in late April, parentheses. Decided against going to the shore, put off by the 2 1/2 hours travel for what would probably have been an hour sitting by the ocean. So went to Rahway River Park, stopping by my bank on the way. Saw a former co-worker from Pearl Arts at a garage sale, that's a decade ago, now in her early Thirties I suppose, with two year old son, her marriage didn't last long. Not as many people in the park as I'd expected, mostly adults walking the mile circuit. & few trick or treaters in Rahway - certainly more of them back here in Elizabeth. A nice day to be out & around, past peak Fall color, swirling leaves. We'll have a few more days like today, not 70 degrees tho. Signs up in Rahway for Christmas Tree lighting, still four weeks off. Next week is huge WFMU record fair in NYC, the only station event where I get to wear a nametag with "DJ Rix" on it & feel a little bit important.

***
Add to other negatives about this apt building, tenants in apt below me cooking up something last night & today that smells disgusting, simmered goat brains for all I know, my apartment stinks but it's even worse in the hallway downstairs. Seems to be dissipating a bit. Could be why I slept lousy & woke up early. But I never sleep well here, never stretch out on the mattress, pull up the comforter, hug a pillow & just let go.

I don't know how I'm going have the money to move. I do have it, but it's locked up in the rent security. Why should I need another month & a half rent on hand? That's money for other important things; overdue bills & a decent pair glasses, & sunglasses. But it's crucial that where I live NOT be a source of anxiety; not have vermin crawling out of the walls & punks crawling around outside; that I feel safe & comfortable & not altogether isolated from friendly familiar people & places. Most of the pieces & programs are already in place to make this possible.
Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?