Monday, September 20, 2004

Really enjoying my Dahon 16" folding bike. It really increases my local mobility. Today I rode up to North Ave. (around Phil Rizzuto Park), all the way into Elmora, cruised slowly through the shopping district, stopped by Pathmark, then completed the circle back home. My legs aren't strong yet - been off a bike for nearly six months. This little bike isn't how I'll ride the ten flat miles from Bay Head to Seaside Heights next Spring, but it sure is great for errands & getting around the area. It's a three speed - the lowest gear is useless & I wish the 3rd gear gave more. It has terrific balance at very slow speeds which makes it an excellent city sidewalk bike (except on cracked & crooked slate) easing around pedestrians. I can't wait to get it down the shore. Many adults from other countries recognize it immediately as a solid folder & toss a compliment. Won't be locking & leaving it at the Elizabeth train station - one of the reasons I have a folder is because thieves will strip every part of a bike except the part that's locked. Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?