Saturday, September 25, 2004

Gals, you don't know what you're missing. Another beautiful day down the Jersey shore, your choice of destinations & experiences, wade in the water, walk on the beach or stroll a boardwalk, browse Ocean Grove shops, or visit a lighthouse - or three, watch boats from a bridge. A late lunch in an inexpensive restaurant on a pier or a small old-fashioned diner or a sidewalk cafe. Ah well, I searched for the poet by myself, but I know what keeps him away; I know why he is hiding. & let's give a hand to my little Dahon bike, carrying me from Belmar up the beachfront through Avon-By-The-Sea, Bradley Beach, Ocean Grove, to Convention Hall in Asbury Park & back to Ocean Grove, all flat boards & paved walk mostly with southerly breeze at my back, warm & sunny. The seat got a a bit hard after awhile & I wish I'd folded the bike before getting on the train back to Elizabeth, but the bike did everything expected of it. It was too pretty to take many photos, all that blue water & sky, bright light & four foot waves, Chamber of Commerce tourism views. Contrasted with where I am writing this, such an afternoon is a kind of exquisite torture.

Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?