Saturday, July 31, 2004

Here's the sort of neighborhood I live in. After 3 am, I couldn't sleep & was in bed reading. I heard a window being smashed, likely a car window. I looked out but didn't see anyone. I got back into bed. Remember, there are several hundred people who might also hear a window being broken, if they don't have AC on, & not all do. A couple of minutes later I heard what sounded like someone trying to start a small lawnmover, which meant it was an illegal motor scooter. FInally, the scooter kicked over & someone went buzzing down the street as fast as the thing would go. That was the get-a-way after the smash n grab, & I'm sure the punk was sweating when his machine wouldn't start. He'd sneaked into the area with it turned off. Nothing further.

& yesterday, a kid on a motor scooter - this one a red miniature motorcycle design - racing through rush hour traffic on Broad St. in Elizabeth, cutting in between cars. If one pedestrian had stepped off the curb with good timing, that punk would've gone totally outta control. Do the Elizabeth cops care? Shit, they're indifferent to punks at best, probably afraid of them, too.

Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?