Thursday, May 06, 2004

So now that I've been moved in for over a week its, well, what now? Sort the CDs? Hang art? Organize the clothes? (sure miss having a laundry room) How many books do I want to put out? One thing is becoming clear: the other room here will serve as a combination attic & walk-in closet & sometime workroom. I deserve an attic. I may leave two low book shelves in the big room (where I actually live) mostly empty & let books find their way to them - a few already have. Another tall narrow metal shelf now has on it a carousel, Fisher Tune-O-Matic FM radio, & a camel doll. We'll see what else lands on it. & the record turntable is tucked away on the lower shelf of the end table next to the futon. TV is on a small step-bench between two windows. I love the overhead fan; has a reassuring clocklike click, & cigarette smoke never builds up - just drifts out the window. But I'm still now sleeping well - maybe I feel too exposed - for all its mess & discomforts, I slept pretty snugly in the Rahway apt, & the only woman who slept there since the mid-90s - a few times last spring - was comfortable enough - perhaos she was relieved to get away from her dogs & cats for few hours. Maybe it's the time of year to open up the futon, warmer weather. I like living in a "studio" apt. Just don't want all my stuff in the same room.

Floppy disk drive isn't working. PC doesn't recognize anything is wrong until put in a disk & try to open it. It seems to "work" but isn't quite grabbing the disk. Probably all I can do is cannibalize the floppy drive out of my old PC, if it fits in this one. I've been putting off switching over the good sound card because - I don't like tampering with a temperamental but indispensable machine.

Got four or five rolls of film to develop & print going back over a year. I'm curious to see pix of some "dates" to Sandy Hook & 4th of July fireworks. My snaps often have an odd way of revealing how I feel about the people in them; closeness or distance, affectionate or dispassionate - rarely photograph people I don't know or don't like. That is, when I take pix of human beings. I don't like rushing a photo - they look rushed - also dislike waiting & thinking & posing & framing, unless I'm sure of what I'm waiting for. If I don't "see" it, the camera usually gets turned off. But..... I'll probably be digital by end of year.

Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?