Monday, May 03, 2004

Every Tuesday early evening I attend a small writer's group following supper at the Rehab center. Just going makes me set aside an a hour each week to sit, listen, be non-judgmental about others & toward myself. It's probably good that I don't have a working printer, so I have to write out longhand anything I want to read. I'm usually fairly patient in the group, but when a member tried to play a Neil Diamond CD as "background" music - that was too much to take - I can't handle Neil Diamond as background or foreground noise. I didn't say it, but Neil Diamond is a lousy "poet," & that's before one even gets around to the singing. "Oh, next week I'll bring in Kenny G," the person said, when I objected to having vocal music.

Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?