Monday, April 26, 2004


Yep, it's all finally here. It's everywhere, but here. A lot of it will be unpacked & then repacked. I have stuff that's never been out of boxes for long, & I have no intention of getting rid of it, at least not yet. Other things - books & art - are in long term rotation; some of it stayed in boxes for the past eleven years, since I moved from a larger to a smaller apt. I really need to listen to & sort many dozens of unmarked cassette tapes - I became careless with my WFMU radio show archive tapes in the late Nineties. & get into a poetry-making mode.

Some thanks: Edie Eustice. Edie made the first trips over here with me, carrying my most treasured items, which included a model carousel, paintings, musical instruments. A few weeks later, mid-move, she helped me bring some order to the chaos of the old apartment. Plus a few typically delicious suppers & providing sanctuary one night when I felt like I was headed for the edge.

Jim Coleman: Jim gave me a good part of his Easter when he & Rose came up from W.V. to visit his parents. We brought enough things over, including an unwieldy futon mattress, for me to take up residence two weeks ago when staying at Irving St. became untenable. Moral support, too. An old & steady & trusted friend.

Jeff Jotz: Jeff generously loaned me his '84 Olds wagon for four entire days.allowing me to gain control & complete the move by myself. Jeff is a long-time WFMU listener & occasionally DJ'd on the station back in the Nineties in East Orange. Without these three good friends, I have no idea how I would've accomplished the move. I was blessed.

Appreciation also to Jan & Bruce for checking in from a distance. & to Lenny A. for a generous gift last fall that made all the difference in getting me through a bad period & into the new year when I was able to handle this difficult passage. Thanks & love to you all.

Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?