Wednesday, April 07, 2004

The last time I moved I was eleven years younger, had a new girlfriend, she had a car, I had a car, was moving one mile in the same town, had three young people helping me with a big pickup truck. Right now I have none of those. I have no young friends, no lover, no car, I'm uprooting myself & going to very different place, I'm ten years older & feel it. Is it any fucking wonder I'm screwing this up? I am neither an organized person nor an especially focused one. I'm the sort of person who works best when the large details are taken care of: the major what, when & how of something. In total I have less stuff to move than in 1993. But instead of it all going down three steps, into a truck or car backed up to the steps, a five minute drive, then up seven steps & along a straight hall, I gotta go back down that hall, down the steps, load into who knows what or with whose help, drive to Elizabeth, park curbside, go up a long walk, up several steps into a lobby, up several more steps into a hallway, make a right turn & then up two steep flights to the apartment. Every trip from curb to apartment is a challenge. I know. I tested it Monday.

This is first time I've ever had to move all in one jump, all by myself.

The Small Print: Iraq Casualties 3/30/04 - 4/5/04: 32 dead, 28 wounded (incomplete list. )Add YOUR comments here



<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?