Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Flyer in Dembling's Market, a Hammond L-100 spinet organ for sale "CHEAP." Cabinets differ, the keyboards would be as shown. Note the drawbars on the left. No price, but it probably is cheap if the owner is selling it locally rather than for top dollar through the many organ afficionado sites. The L-100 isn't my model, lacks a component called a "scanner-delay vibrato" that creates the truly authentic Hammond sound. But it reminded me how much I'd love to have a classic organ again (owned a few portables, sold or gave 'em away), & how much I miss having a piano. When I mention this, people actually ask why don't I just get a piano or organ. Well, if I had the bucks I wouldn't have the floor space, & if I cleared enough floor space I still wouldn't have the air space. This apartment building has thin walls & ceilings - it's shoddy construction when you look closely, past the ivy covered brickface. One could not play a real piano or organ here without half the tenants hearing it. Already have plenty of musical toys, but they are what they are & no more.

With a slighty better model Hammond I could set the drawbars to 88 8000 000, the fabulous Jimmy Smith sound, or one of the other not so Secret Registrations of the Jazz Masters!

Add YOUR comments here

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?