Monday, September 01, 2003

Neither I nor Funky the Bike minded riding back in the rain from Dunkin' Donuts. A summer that began in rain, now ends. The Sun says it's a few more weeks to the equinox, but one may as well call it quits now. I no longer need to delude myself into believing I'm actually going to have "fun" before it's over. Well, I did have a good time twice, not counting WFMU fill-ins. The 4th of July was pleasant enough; I was with a friend for the fireworks & ate zeppoli. & late in August a brief trip to Seaside Neights, the only time I stepped on a boardwalk this year. Last year, I took a train to Point Pleasant on Labor Day Sunday, & the weather was miserable - windy, raw, stormy clouds - no rain.

The one good stretch of weather this summer occurred the week I would have picked to go to Wildwood. Well, not staying in Wildwood was easy enough to accept - only get there every two + years on average anyway. But not even going to Keansburg was a disappointment, considering that there was someone to go with, had she really wanted to. I enjoy stopping in that town any time of year; it's close by & the arcades are open (& often busy) on winter weekends. There are nice bayshore days year 'round, when the temp pushes into the sunny mid-forties. But overall, because of the lousy weather, this was a good summer to have a bad summer.

Tomorrow, I'll pay up my Homestead website bill. They "disabled" my sites today but didn't delete them. Then I'll drop off two rolls of film for processing, all my summer photos. Then I'll make payments on phone & electric. Then I'm doing three loads of laundry. There will nowhere near enough money left to pay the rent, but I wouldn't have enough anyway. & that's the predicament I can't squirm out of, nor should I if I really want a life worth living next summer.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?