Thursday, August 28, 2003

It's not unique in my life when a failed relationship precipitates big changes. Never before, though, has the "relationship" itself been such an exercise in self-deception & disappointed expectations. I think because my expectations were so reasonable & modest that my mind could not conceive of an available woman who would consider them unreasonable & immodest. This gal couldn't even find time to go to the boardwalk with me. What kind of boardwalk-lover can let a summer go by without at least one "fix?" Not a true believer.

More important, though, is that the renewed creativity - steady, non-neurotic - that began late last year, continues. The decisions I'm making now protect my websites - which were laboriously rebuilt or renovated over the past eight months. Plus I began this Blog - which I hope becomes the foundation of a book of the same name - & created a small webzine, The Pier. Along with the occasional archived radio program at WFMU, I'm quite content with keeping a reliable & accessible "fringe" presence for the time being, with being a turtle rather than a hare.

Was introduced tonight to tiny Patrick, Liz & Jeff Jotz's little one. A real cutie, Patrick had the usual baby giant head & was either boogieing to the Bruce Springsteen tribute band playing behind Union County Arts Center or doing something smelly. The baby looked liked it was growing out of Jeff's chest, with Liz pushing the snazzy stroller behind hoping to catch him when he was ripe & fell off. I guess it was Patrick's debut at a large city event, although he's already been to The Waiting Room, a friendly local tavern. Anyway, Liz & Jeff are clearly delighted to be a mommy & daddy. Jeff's invite to join his group for a beer at The Waiting Room stood for about five minutes until Liz nixed the plan, grabbed him by the earlobe & led him home. Before leaving, Jeff assured me that he would introduce Patrick to punk rock at the proper age (probably next week).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?